He quickly dashed out of the office. He switched on his phone for it was switched off because of the persistent calls from his family. Immediately his phone came on, he received a message from his mother asking him to call back for it was an emergency. He dialed her number; she picked it up and was told that his presence is needed in the house. He wanted to explain his predicament to her when his father collected the phone from his mother and told him everything that happened adding that it was a matter of life and death situation.
He dialed Aria’s number asking if there was any way she could source for the money for him but all he got were negative news. He was confused; he didn’t know what to do. He went back to his boss and knelt down before him with tears in his eyes.
Ryan: Oga have mercy on me. Do not pay me my next salary if you want, but please just forgive me this once. He begged with tears in his eyes. He thought of his family, how they so much depend and are looking up to him. He thought of Evelyn who is lying unconsciously in the hospital. I am so sorry Oga, it won’t repeat itself again. Please forgive me.
Boss: It is because of my wife I employed you else I would never have known that you existed. It is also because of her that I trusted you but you just failed me. I should never have listened to her when she persuaded me about you.
Ryan: Oga please, give me a second chance, I promise it will never happen again. I know that I have no excuse for what I did and I am sorry.
Boss: You know that I would have called the police to arrest you by now. I am even been kind to you by telling you to provide the money before tomorrow, isn’t that lenient enough?
Ryan: Oga Please, I am the first child and the first son of my family. If I lose my job, I will commit suicide. My family looks up to me for I am the breadwinner. My parents are old and doing nothing and I have four junior ones to look after. Please, have mercy on me. The reason I took the money was because my family were lacking and I needed to provide for them.
Boss: And so? Am I not paying you your salary monthly?
Ryan: You are sir and I appreciate but the thing is no matter how much I give my family, it is never enough. Please don’t take away the only thing that gives me happiness I beg you.
Boss: There is nothing I can do right now. He said and stood up. Tomorrow you will know your fate.
Ryan: Oga please, forgive me. He kept pleading till his boss called his driver after he stepped out of the office and zoomed off. Ah! I am finished. I will probably lose my job because there is no way he will take me back. ‘What do I do now and where do I go from’ he lamented till he got home.
Few minutes later, Aria arrived his home. She quickly went to him and hugged him
Aria: One hundred and twenty thousand naira! You never told me that your family needed such a huge amount of money.
Ryan: I didn’t give them the money at once. I gave them bits by bits.
Aria: How could you make such a mistake? Why would you even think of collecting the business money?
Ryan: This is not the time for condemnation. I am really tired and stressed. I don’t know where to raise the money from.
Aria: I wish I could help you but right now, my hands are tied. I do not have any money on me now. What about he gives you some time? Did you beg him?
Ryan: I did and he refused. He said I will know my fate tomorrow.
Aria: Oh God! What is all this na. From one problem to another. The more we try to patch things up, the more it leaks. What do we do now?
Ryan: I really do not know. My parents have been calling me, asking me to come home immediately. My step mother who is six months pregnant had complications and they are asking them to deposit the sum of fifty thousand naira before she will be attended to. It is because of them that I am in this situation. They think I make millions. If my father had listened to me before marrying Evelyn, I won’t be in so much pressure like I am right now. Every time they need money, like I am a tree producing it. I am tired Aria, I am really tired!!
Aria: It will be fine. All you have to focus on right now is how to replace the money and pray you don’t lose your job. That should be your main priority right now. Let your parents do whatever they have to do and when you are okay, you will pay them a visit. By the way, I was worried about you and took permission that I won’t be reporting to work tomorrow. Also when I got home I told my mom that I will be spending today and hopefully tomorrow with you. I hope you don’t mind.
Ryan: I need you here with me more than ever and thanks for everything.
Aria: What are you thanking me for? Let me go and prepare something for you to eat.
After dinner, they had their bath and cuddled each other on the bed. Aria was thinking who she will call to raise that amount of money for her the following day while Ryan was thinking how he will cope if he eventually lose his job.
Ryan: I forgot to tell you that I called the wife of my boss. Remember I told you that it was through her I got the job.
Aria: Yes you did. Hope you begged her.
Ryan: I did and I had to also tell her the reason I collected the money. She was angry initially but said she will see what she can do. I hope her husband listens to her and I pray I will be given a second chance.
Aria: Don’t worry; all will be fine by tomorrow. We will face the storm together okay.
Ryan: Okay. I want you to make love to me like this is the last time.
Aria: Raising her head to look at him very well. Why did you say that? I hate it when you talk negative.
Ryan: Sorry Aria. I am just too emotional today. I won’t say it again.
Aria: Good and I will make love to you like it is our first time; she kissed him on his lips and they made sweet sensational love.
==
Mr. Ejiofor: ‘if he has sent the money when he called, I am very sure my child will still be alive right now. Why hasn’t he called us or send the money’ he asked his first wife. Doesn’t he know that Evelyn is in a critical condition and had a miscarriage?
Mrs. Ejiofor: Give the boy a break. I am sure his in a tight spot right now. You know your son will be here by now if there is an emergency, maybe something came up that is why you haven’t heard from him.
Mr. Ejiofor: I hope so. He should bring the money for the treatment when he is coming ooo. Not that when he comes here he will say he doesn’t have money. I promised my friend that gave me the balance I will pay tomorrow. I don’t want to hear any stories when he comes ooo.
Mrs. Ejiofor: Pity the boy abeg. He has done more than enough already. Just know that when he gets married, he will have more responsibilities. You and Evelyn should start planning how you are going to start making your own money. Give him some credit abeg.
Mr. Ejiofor: You can say whatever you like, he is my son and he is doing his duty.
Mrs. Ejiofor: That is why you want to choke him abi? Anyway, it is late already. I am not sure he will be coming today again let’s hope for tomorrow. And by the way, Papa Addison, make sure you go to the hospital first thing tomorrow and enquire about her health. I will be there after I finish preparing hot pepper soup for her since her junior sister is with her.
Mr. Ejiofor : if he calls, tell him to bring enough money with him.
Mrs. Ejiofor: ‘I don’t understand you. Shouldn’t you be angry that you lost a child? Your need for money should not make my son steal because of you people’ she said as she walked to her room.
Axact

Author Info

I'm A Story Lover. Very Much Addicted To Tech Also. Reach Out To Me Via The Social Buttons Below

Post A Comment:

0 comments: